Gearing up for your family’s summer vacation? Join us at Burr Oak Lodge & Conference Center and find activities that everyone will enjoy! We’re situated in one of Ohio’s 75 state parks, giving you access to the best trails, lakes, and relaxation that make for lasting memories.
Check out three reasons why we’re your ultimate family vacation destination.
1. Endless Exploration
Become part of Ohio’s one-of-a-kind natural setting when you trek through our 23 miles of shoreline trails, including part of Ohio’s Buckeye Trail. With multiple access points, you can hike as many or as few miles as you want. You’ll catch sightings of:
- White-tailed deer, beavers, and other wildlife
- Bald Eagles, wild turkeys, and countless other birds
- Seasonal wildflowers including jewelweed, black-eyed Susan, and bergamot.
- Lush forests and hidden caves just waiting to be explored
Tucked away in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, Burr Oak Lodge is your gateway to the best that nature has to offer—and keep exploring with other outdoor adventures! It’s all waiting for you to make the most of it.
2. Fun for the whole family
Stay in the center of Ohio’s best family attractions. Summer weather means more businesses are open, and usually later at night, so you’ll have plenty of options to explore. Some of the most popular stops include:
- Forest Hills Golf Course (4 minutes from the lodge): Originally a country club, this 18-hole course provides facilities, services, and a golfing experience that exceed your expectations with free club rentals to guests of Burr Oak Lodge.
- Morgan County Covered Bridge Tour: See Ohio’s signature covered bridges on this scenic trail!
- Twin City Opera House (28 minutes from lodge): Catch the Ohio Valley Opry, a movie, musical performance, and more at this historic venue.
- The Dairy Barn Arts Center (35 minutes from the lodge): Explore creative opportunities with the Dairy Barn’s exhibitions, events, and educational programs.
- Miner’s Memorial Park (38 minutes from lodge): This monument honors the achievements of American Electric Power men and women, and features “Big Muskie”—the largest dragline ever built.
With opportunities in every direction, you’ll find something to do for everyone in your crew. But this is only a sample of what Ohio has to offer. Check out other adventures nearby!
3. On-site adventures
Don’t feel like leaving the resort? We have you covered. Take advantage of ample exploration and adventures at the lodge, such as:
- Boating: Rent pontoon boats, canoes, kayaks, and motorboats and take them out from our marina with four launch ramps. Or bring your own and use our seasonal dock space.
- Miniature golf: Enjoy nine holes of miniature golf for just $3 per round! This course is just the right size for bringing out the kid in everyone.
- Indoor pool: Kids will love this beautiful pool that’s perfect for any time of day. And with floor-to-ceiling glass walls, you’ll get an unbeatable view of our natural wooded backdrop—no matter what the weather decides to do.
- Dining: Stop and refuel at the Cardinal Dining Room, where every seat is the best seat in the house. Perched over Burr Oak Lake, the restaurant offers views as delightful as its home-cooked meals.
But the fun doesn’t stop there. Burr Oak Lodge & Conference Center offers plenty of other opportunities for exploring and enjoying the resort—just in case the beautiful scenery and endless adventures aren’t reason enough.
We’re also celebrating our 50th anniversary this year, and that calls for celebration. Join us for our open house on July 16 for a classic car show, complimentary mini-golf, and more.
Book your vacation with us this summer and prepare to make lasting family memories!